Good news to All Nexus 4 User XenonHD custom ROM is now available for you all the Rom comes with tons of new features and based
on Android 7.1 Nougat. Below are the quick list of the main features of XenonHD Rom.
NovaLauncher, Adaway, Kernel Adiutor
Root, adb, dev options, advanced reboot & installing apks enabled by default
Pixel UI and wallpaper
Material sounds & icons
Network indicator & battery bar in status bar
Removed unnecessary things
Under the hood improvements and optimizations..
You Can Find Out How to Apply it Right Now Via This Easy Tutorial
Things To Know
This Android 7.1 XenonHD ROM tutorial is only for Nexus 4 (occam) and I
am not sure if it will work on the other variants of the Nexus 4 on
- Make sure your phone is rooted and has a custom recovery like ClockworkMod installed.
- Make a Nandroid backup of your previous phone set up before proceeding – for just in case anything goes wrong.
- Install the Google Apps package if you want the usual Google apps (Gmail, Maps, Play Store, Calendar etc.) on your phone.
How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat Android 7.1 XenonHD ROM on Nexus 4:
Download Android 7.1 XenonHD ROM and Google Apps for Nexus 4 on your PC, if you haven’t already.
- Connect and mount your Nexus 4 USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
- Now copy/paste the downloaded Android 7.1 ROM zip and Google
Apps zip files to your internal SD card. Make sure the files are in the
SD card root (not in any folder).
- Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
- Now to get in the Bootloader Mode. Turn ON the phone while
pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons.
- Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
- Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full
data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Use the Power button
to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
- Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition” .
- Now this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe
of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any
other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe
- Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys,
navigate to the Android 7.1 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card
and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the
next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
- Google Apps: Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
- After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++”
and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery
Your Nexus 4 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
Your Nexus 4 should now have Android 7.1 XenonHD Nougat
custom ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to