The unfortunate accident happened on Tuesday while this trio inspected the facilities of this factory. The deadly victim is 24 years old.
Samsung said the cause of death was suffocation due to a carbon dioxide leak. However, an official investigation is still under way.
It should be noted that fatal accidents in large companies like this have made headlines in South Korea, which is still struggling to improve safety standards in factories.
Only in January of this year, four workers were also killed by asphyxiation from a gas leak at a Posco steel plant – the largest in Pohang.
Meanwhile, also in August last year, four people died when the fuel tank of a ship under construction exploded at STX Offshore and Shipbuilding headquarters in the southern city of Changwon.