That includes a security update, as well as now displaying which security patch your phone has and bug fixes. It is recommended you keep your device updated to the latest software so that you don’t experience any flaws or drops in reliability.
•The security of your device has been improved.
•Device stability improvements, bug fixes.
•New and / or enhanced features.
•Further improvements to performance.
|Model name||Galaxy S6 edge+|
|Build date||Fri, 14 Oct 2016 03:01:55 +0000|
|Security Patch Level||2016-10-01|
Follow Our Guide Below to Download the Update and Install it Yourself.
How To Flash the October Security Patch Update On Galaxy S6 edge+ – SM-G928F
- Download Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ – SM-G928F Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware Security Patch update
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin v3.11.1 the latest version to avoid the errors.
- Extract Odin ZIP file
- Launch the Odin v.3.11.1
- Now Boot your device in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons).
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes.
Your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ – SM-G928F should now have Marshmallow 6.0.1 September security patch on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google + and Twitter.