- Theme Engine
- Quick Settings reorganisation and customisation
- Quick Settings Ribbon mode
- Navigation bar reorganisation and customisation
- Sound panel customisation
- Lock-screen quick unlock
Good news is that Cyanogen has confirmed that they have completed 85%
of development of the stable firmware and would roll it out soon. Until
then users can upgrade their device with the nightly update.
Prerequisites (Things to remember before installing the CyanogenMod CM12 Nightly):
- Users are advised to update their third party addons to ensure compatibility
- The CM backupscript.sh in recovery will ignore and remove
incompatible applications from your system partition (these are usually
non-CM apps that users have opted to install). You must install a
compatible app (or app pack) to regain that functionality
- You can flash CM12 nightlies directly from CM11 M12 or CM 11
nightlies (no need to wipe), provided you read and followed items 1 and 2
- Once on CM12 nightlies, you cannot downgrade back to CM11 without
wiping – if you are thinking of just exploring the release, then take a
backup of your existing installation if you want to go back to it.
- Users must install Lollipop OS compatible recovery before installing the new CM12 custom ROM.
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation
- This new CyanogenMod CM12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware has to be
installed on the OnePlus One model only ; if tried on other devices, it
might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings
>> About phone >> model number]
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the
smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork
Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Users make sure you have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else
your smartphone (OnePlus One) will not be recognised by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is a
chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation
process is interrupted mid-way.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and
should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or
manual software installation) Android devices.
How to Install
the Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 (Unified-GSM) Klte models:
Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm
the installation of CyanogenMod Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM.
Credits For The Rom
CyanogenMod.Org & Team Android]