Launched in 2017, the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T are now starting to receive the stable version of OxygenOS, based on Android 10. The company promised the new version of Android during the second quarter of 2020, and fulfilled it.
This OxygenOS 10 brings users the most interesting news from the latest version of Android. This means that if you have one of these devices you will now have access, for example, to full-screen gestures.
What changes in OxygenOS 10:
- Update for Android 10
- New user interface design
- Improved location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings that allows you to choose the shapes of the icons that appear in “Quick Settings”
- New feature that puts all your favorite games in one place for easy access and a better gameplay experience
- It is now possible to block spam using keywords in Messages (under “Messages”, “Spam”, “Settings” and “Blocking Settings”)
- Removed the return gesture from the bottom of the screen
- Added the return gesture on the left and right parts of the smartphone screen
- Added a navigation bar button that allows you to switch between recent apps
- Electronic image stabilization currently under optimization and will be implemented in later stable versions
It is interesting to see that OnePlus is a real exception in the Android world, bringing three major versions of the operating system to its Device. The update comes gradually, so it shouldn’t take long to land on your device.