LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo.
Updated To Latest January Security Patch
Fixed Offline Charging
- This Android ROM is meant for only Gionee M2
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed to install this ROM on your phone.
- We will be using TWRP Recovery for flashing this ROM.
- This ROM will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
- Don’t worry we are going to share step by step guide to safely
Follow our guide below to download the Rom and install it yourself.
How To Flash Lineage OS 14.1 Rom For Gionee M2
- Download the Rom to your computer or device.
- Connect and mount your device USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
- Now copy/paste the downloaded Android ROM zip file and Google Apps.zip files to your SD card. Make sure the files are in the SD card root (not in any folder).
- Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
- Now boot into the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together
- Once you are in Recovery Mode, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
- Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- Now, this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your Dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe Dalvik cache”.
- Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 7.1.1 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
- Google Apps: Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
- After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
Your Gionee M2 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot up on your first time. So, please wait. Your Gionee M2 should now have Lineage OS 14.1 Rom For Gionee M2 installed on It! Go to Settings & About phone to verify.
Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google + and Twitter.
Jai Dwivedi (for building MMX a106)
Qwanor and @SRT
Manjot Sidhu & Imran Popz – Kernel Dev
ROM Name:- LineageOS 14.1 Nougat