Although this type of incident is unusual, it is already the third recorded in 2018 in an Apple store. Also in Switzerland and Spain, similar events happened with iPhones that eventually exploded due to defective batteries.
Controversial about batteries apart, the good news is that during the incident there were no injuries. Only three of Apple’s employees had some breathing difficulties but were assisted on the spot by paramedics.
For a few hours, the Apple store was closed to the public, as firefighters felt the need to ventilate the interior of the store to ensure that no disruptive gases had remained.
Apple iPad is not immune to battery problems and explodes in full Apple Store
Shop employees were extremely effective in responding to the iPad’s battery explosion by placing the tablet right away in a sandbox, avoiding any additional danger.
These kinds of events only serve to open the eyes of many “extremist” fans who love to attack manufacturers when something goes wrong. At the end of the day, all devices that are equipped with electronic components are subject to failure and malfunction. Of course I do not mean Galaxy Note 7-scale events.
This being the third explosion of an Apple device in full official store this year, it seems that it was already clear that the Cupertino giant is not immune to this type of “bad publicity.” We hope, however, that there will be no more incidents of this type, and especially that no one will be seriously injured.