This update began to be made available in China, as theleaker publishes. However,
The list of changes, the official changelog will be identical to the Huawei P10 the EMUI 8.0 version is based on Android Oreo 8.0.
Huawei P10 EMUI 8.0 Smart Features
- HiTouch – allows you to select, isolate and choose certain words from all text displayed on the screen. You will also be able to select links/links related to restaurants, hotels, movies and more. It will be enough that you load, with 2 fingers in the text to activate this function that will arrive at your Huawei P10.
- Smart tips to get the most out of your smartphone. They will appear in specific scenarios after the smartphone already has a sense of your usage habits.
- HiBoard – to access you will have to make a swipe, a slide to the right from the initial screen. There you can access previously saved information from your social networks and articles that you want to see/read later. In short, a reading list with several functions.
- HiVoice – will be able to communicate with you and perceive your voice commands. From simple commands like enabling or disabling Wi-Fi and Bluetooth or ask for some information about the state of your device. At the moment voice commands are only available in Mandarin.
Android Oreo 8.0 Security enhancement
- Your private area or private space has been optimized overall now that Android Oreo has arrived for Huawei P10. It will be easier to create a private folder/space on your device. Files can be moved between normal space and private space more easily and practically.
- Protection for more than 500 Apps in the Trusted Space.
- The option to find your smartphone now lets you see the device’s movements (geographic location) and will also increase your battery life so you can increase your chances of finding it.
Huawei P10 Increased efficiency
- Contacts and Email now allow you to sync with your LinkedIn career details for your contacts.
- Definitions now have a new look and organization. Simpler, clearer and more intuitive.
- The Gallery now has a Trash where you save the “deleted” photos for up to 30 days if you change your mind and want to recover some of these photos.
- Accidentally deleted photos can be restored with a single tap.
- The Smartphone manager has been simplified. Now, taking care of your Huawei P10 will be easier, faster and intuitive.
- The voice recording application now has a speech recognition function for text. (we do not know which languages support this function).
- Your Huawei P10 smartphone will now be able to connect to more than one Bluetooth device at the same time with EMUI 8.0.
New ways to interact with EMUI 8.0
- A new navigation bar, a new dock that will introduce you to the most used applications or actions that you use most often. You will be presented in a floating “balloon” anywhere on the screen. Everything you need and most you use. Always at hand.
- New shortcuts to the home screen of your Huawei P10 smartphone. From there you can access the applications and functions you use most quickly. Simply tap and hold the icon to bring up a menu of actions.
- You’ll be able to enjoy exclusive Android Oreo themes with EMUI 8.0.
As soon as the update notification available reaches your Huawei P10, you must first connect to a Wi-Fi connection to download the new package with the new firmware (system software). Also, remember to charge your smartphone before installing the update.
This may take 10-15 minutes to fully install and your smartphone itself should restart. The procedure will be automatic and the update will arrive via OTA ( over the air ). This way you will not have to worry about anything. Wait until everything is installed and then you just need to enjoy your “new” Huawei P10.