To use camera effects in FaceTime, you must have a TrueDepth camera and iOS 12 device. These are iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max or iPhone XR.
Animoji and Memoji in FaceTime
First, you need to create your own Memoji character, which you can use in FaceTime and for other purposes.
1) Open the FaceTime app on your iPhone.
2) Start the call.
3) Now press the effect button located to the left of the end button. She looks like a star.
4) Select the Animoji or Memoji you want to use.
5) Animoji or Memoji character will be superimposed on your face. To remove it, click the “ x ”icon .
6) To select another Animoji or Memoji, follow steps 2-4 again.
7) When you finish talking, end the call as usual in FaceTime.
You can also use text, filters, stickers, and other effects during your FaceTime video calls.
1) Open the FaceTime application and start the call .
2) Touch the screen.
4) Select the effect you want to add. For example, a filter or sticker. Then select one of the available options.
The effects will remain on the screen until you delete them yourself.