Huawei has rolled out the initial Android 6.0 Marshmallow update,
numbered C432B513 for its Ascend
download the OTA package from here and install it manually using the
native Updater app.
- Device: Huawei Ascend Mate 7
- Model: MT7-L09
- Codename: Jazz (L09)
- Android: v6.0 Marshmallow
- Version: MRA58K
- EMUI: 4.0
- Firmware: B513
- Build Number: MT7-L09C432B513
- Required Version: B331
- Date: 6.02.2016
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Incremental OTA
- File Name: update.zip
How to Update
- This OTA can only be installed on MT7-L09 Ascend Mate 7 variant already running the Ascend Mate 7 C900B331 Lollipop firmware.
- The device needs to have the stock Lollipop recovery and the system should not be rooted/modified.
- Make sure there’s more than 40% charge left in the battery.
This version is a beta which means that it might contain bugs that can
affect the general usability and overall performance of the device.
Moreover, there’s no official rollback available right now, so you’ll
have to stay on Marshmallow for a while. Proceed at your own risk!
Step 1: Download “update.zip” OTA package from the mirror provided above.
Step 2: Create a new folder named ‘dload’ inside the top level directory of your Mate 7’s microSD card.
Step 3: Disconnect your device from the PC when transfer completes.
Step 4: Open the Updater app, tap menu, select Local update, choose the update.zip package and confirm its installation.
[Manual installation] After copying the OTA package, turn your phone
off and reboot while holding Vol up + Power till you enter the stock
recovery. Select apply update from SD card, choose the update.zip
package and flash it.
That’s all for now!