On this, Post we will be giving you guidance on How to Unlock Gionee M7 Bootloader. So before installing TWRP Recovery or any custom recovery on your Gionee M7 device, your Gionee M7 bootloader should be unlocked first. If you unlock the bootloader of your Gionee M7, you have voided the warranty from the company to you. By Unlocking your Bootloader of your device, you can install recovery, Flash Rooting file or custom ROM.
Gionee M7 Spec
Gionee M7 is a 6.01-inch touchscreen display device with a resolution of 1080 by 2160 pixels.
The Gionee M7 is powered by 2.3GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P30 processor and it comes with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Gionee M7 packs a 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The Gionee M7 runs Android 7.1.1 and is powered by a 4000mAh non-removable battery. It measures 157.00 x 76.00 x 7.20 (height x width x thickness) and weigh 180.00 grams.
GIONEE M7 STOCK FIRMWARE
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code which runs on every device when turning on. This code helps initializes some hardware and then loads ramdisk and the kernel, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
Before Unlockiing your bootloader , I just want to warn you that By doing this, you will loose your warranty and sometime brick your device. So Do read carefully before Unlocking your devce.
Follow the guide below to Unlock Gionee M7 Bootloader, please you are warm not to try this on other smartphones. This method to unlock Gionee P7 bootloader is simple to follow. please do read the below steps below carefully.
How to Unlock Gionee M7 Bootloader
Now you can unlock bootloader easily by following this simple guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Gionee M7. Official Bootloader Unlock for Gionee M7 will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to unlock Gionee M7 bootloader, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked the bootloader, then you can always re-lock the bootloader on your device anytime.
- This Update is only for Gionee P7 Max users.
- You need Laptop or PC.
- Working USB Cable.
- Charge your phone to at least 70% battery.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the adb and fastboot driver / adb folder
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Steps to Unlock Gionee M7 Bootloader
- First thing to do is to enable the Developer Option on your device
- To Enable the Developer Option, navigate to your Settings then About then Software Information then More then Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to your settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a prompt command by pressing this key (Shift Key + Right Mouse Click)
- Now type the below command in your command prompt window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK.
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboot into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers are installed properly.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phones serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue, you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- If your device has been recognized by the above command, proceed to unlock Xiaomi A1 bootloader with the below command:
Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone
fastboot oem unlock
- After the above command has been executing, run the below command
- The phone will reboot. Wait until the phone has fully booted up into Android, and enjoy!