The keyboard backlight is one of its best features on Mac laptops because it lights up the keys so that they can be better seen in the evening. In addition, it also looks great. Most users of MacBook Pro, MacBook and MacBook Air love the backlight, but sometimes you need to turn it off.
In this article, we will explain how to completely turn off the keyboard backlight on Mac laptops.
How to turn off the keyboard backlight on MacBook Pro
- Open the Apple menu and select System Preferences. Then select Keyboard.
- On the Keyboard tab, uncheck the box next to Adjust keyboard brightness in low light.
- Now press the “F5” key many times until the backlight completely turns off.
This is all, the backlight is off. You will immediately notice the difference. If not, turn off the lights.
It is important to first disable the option in the settings, otherwise, the backlight may turn on automatically depending on the lighting.
How to turn on the backlight
- Open the Apple menu and select System Preferences. Then select Keyboard .
- On the Keyboard tab, check the box next to Adjust Keyboard Brightness in Low Light .
- Now press the “F6” key many times until the backlight reaches the desired brightness.
If you do not increase the brightness of the backlight, most likely this is due to too bright lighting. Just try again later or take the laptop to a darker room.
This method works on MacBook, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. There is no keyboard backlight on Apple computers.