Teno W5 has Mediatek Chipset of MT6737 running on Android 6 (Marshmallow). Below comprehensive guide to follow to root your W5.
Things You Need To Know and Need
- Your Device should have 50% Charge
- You need To Unlock Your Device Bootloader Follow the Steps On This Page
- TWRP for Tecno W5
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on Your Computer Follow this Guide
Steps On How To Install And Root Tecno W5
- Now Extract and copy the downloaded Tecno W5 TWRP recovery to the ADB folder
- Copy the SuperSU.zip to the SD and Phone Storage of your phone
- Connect the device to your computer via USB while On and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide)
- In Fastboot Mode
- Type this Command Code in ADB
- Fastboot flash recovery.img
- Once the recovery is flashed successfully in Fastboot.
- Now hold the Volume up + Power button Please don’t release till the phone reboots into Recovery Mode.
- In the TWRP Mode, you will get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition. You are to Tap KEEP READ ONLY
- The Twrp will offer to root your Tecno W5, select No.
- Click Install on the TWRP recovery
- Navigate to your storage of your device and select the SuperSU2.76.zip and select it
- Confirm the installation by swiping then wait till it complete
- Reboot the phone normally.