all Tecno Camon C9 users, the wait is now over, rooting is now available all thanks to Hovatek for porting “CWM Recovery” which will help us to root the device within second… I believe many of you have tried rooting with Kingroot 4.9 Tecno Camon C9 has provided to be stubborn with it Android Marshmallow ROM it came with from box. They are many advantages of rooting your Android phone which is tweaking, flashing of ROM, Xposed installer, and others.
Things You Need
- Unlocking the bootloader of Tecno Camon C9 Do it Yourself
- CWM recovery For Tecno C9 Download (Ported by Hovatek)
- Super SU.zip Download
- You need working brain lol
Step On How To Root Tecno Camon C9
1. After unlocking your bootloader and downloading the file above copy the file “Super SU” to the root of internal storage if you don’t have SD Card or your SD card if you have.
2. Now Extract and copy the CWM recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
3. Then connect your phone to the PC via USB cord while ON and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide)
4. The moment your device enters fast boot, flash the recovery.img to the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter fastboot
flash recovery recovery.img
5. Reboot the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter
6. Boot the phone into recovery mode by switching off and using Volume up button + Power button
7. Once you enter recovery mode, use the volume button to move up and down
8. Scroll down to Install zip and select it
9. Select Choose zip from /storage/sdcard1
10. Navigate to the location of SuperSu.zip and select it
11. Select Yes – Install SuperSU to confirm flashing
12. Return to the home screen (using the back option) then select Reboot
If the Cwm recovery offers to fix some errors, SELECT No.
To be sure your device is root download “Root Checker” from playstore to verify the root access and Run it on your phone and you will see this results below.