Due to lapse, forgetfulness, theft or robbery, losing your smartphone is one of the worst feelings, but luckily there are several ways to locate Android and iOS phones. Here you have the most effective ways to locate your device, free and fast.
If you want to activate the alert tone, see the location of the device, or block access to it and delete the data ( especially in the event of theft), Google, Apple, Samsung and other manufacturers provide adequate means to do so.
How to locate an Android phone
After leaving home without a smartphone, I turned on the computer and was able to locate my device for free with the service Locate my device , by Google.
This tool provides the location of an Android phone and three tracking actions:
- Play Sound – The device rings for 5 minutes, even if it is in silent mode.
- Protect Device – Lock the device and sign out of your Google account.
- Erase Device – Erase all content on the device.
1. The first option can be used to find the phone if you are lost at home, activating the ringtone regardless of the sound profile. You can remotely activate the alert tone and stop ringing.
2 . The second option locks the phone and logs out of the user’s Google accounts. Additionally, we can define a message or phone number that will appear on the lost phone’s lock screen.
3. The third option erases all content on the device. A more radical measure that, once completed, makes it impossible to locate the mobile phone. Its use should be avoided, as a last resort and the previous options have been exhausted.
Available on the computer or Android app
Google’s location and tracking tool is available for computers and Android mobile devices. It is a good way to locate your mobile phone, free and with good results as long as the mobile device is connected.
We can thus locate a tablet, smartwatch or other Android smartphone, provided that you are registered with an account Google active. However, if you run out of battery, are disconnected and / or have no Internet access, you will not be able to use these options.
Google’s “Find your phone” service is available via your computer, in addition to from the dedicated app, “Find my Google device”, free on the Play Store.
Find Samsung phone
Samsung is the largest manufacturer to adopt Android as the operating system for its smartphones, having its own platform to locate its products. It is free and available via Samsung computer and mobile devices.
Samsung’s “Find My Phone” service allows you to perform the following actions:
- Locate Samsung phone – tracks the approximate location and route of the lost device.
- Lock the screen . Blocks the Samsung mobile phone and prevents the use of Samsung Pay on the lost mobile device.
- Make the mobile device ring . The phone will ring at maximum volume for 1 minute.
- Back up the data. The device is backed up to the Samsung Cloud.
“Find my Mobile” is available for computers, in addition to being present in the settings of Samsung Galaxy smartphones and other mobile devices of the South Korean giant.
In addition to the options listed above, the user can also unlock the screen of their Samsung devices if, for example, they have forgotten their password, PIN, fingerprints, pattern and iris.
How to use Samsung’s Find my Mobile
- Access Settings on Samsung Galaxy
- Access the “Biometric data and security” menu
- Touch and go to “Find my Mobile”
- Select the switch and turn the service on
- You can also log into your account Samsung from the computer
Intro enter your Samsung account details
Samsung goes further and offers “Offline Finding” that allows you to find a lost Samsung Galaxy using “helpers”, other Samsung devices that will help to share the location of the lost phone.
How to find iPhone
Apple has its own tool to locate your iOS phone, as well as others Cupertino giant’s devices, provided they are properly registered. Just have the Apple account credentials to use the platform.
Through the iOS app and “Find iPhone” service through the browser, you can take the following actions:
- Locate the iPhone . The approximate location of your Apple phone is shown on the map.
- Issue an alert . The iPhone will play an alert tone to help you locate the device if they are nearby.
- Mark as lost . IPhone will display a user-defined phone contact so that, if someone finds you, they know who to call. The device will now be remotely locked.
- Erase remotely . Remotely erases all iPhone data by formatting it.
1. We are presented with the location of the iPhone on the map, also working for other Apple devices. We advise you to keep the “offline location” option enabled, because that way, even if your phone has no Wi-Fi or data connection, it can still be found.
2. The audible alert can be useful to find an iPhone lost at home, or forgotten in a drawer. Regardless of the Device’s sound profile, an alert will be played to help you locate your smartphone.
3. If you suspect theft, have suffered a theft, or have effectively lost your iPhone, this mode will lock your phone. The security number will be displayed on the screen, so that a possible benefactor knows who to contact. This mode prevents the Apple Pay system from being used, in addition to restricting access to the mobile device, shielding your personal information.
4. Ultimately you can wipe the device remotely. This will ensure that data is deleted from the iPhone, being the inexorable way to prevent unauthorized access to your data, from photos in the gallery to Apple Pay cards.
Available on the computer or iOS app
Apple’s tracking and tracking tool is available for computers and iOS mobile devices. Its use is free, allowing you to find the devices associated with the Apple account through the browser or through another iPhone, for example.
To use this Apple tool, just follow the indicated steps:
- Access the iCloud website by browser and sign in.
- Select the “Find iPhone” option and choose the desired device
From there you can use the options listed above, or find another device that is connected to your Apple account. Note that in addition to mobile phones it is also possible, for example, to locate Mac computers.
3 useful apps for locating mobile phones
1. Locate my Google device . The application helps you locate your Android phone, whether it is under a pillow, or lost on the street. Data processing, privacy and security functions are the greatest assets of the free application.
2. My Family’s GPS tracker . Thanks to GPS location, the app for Android and iOS can check the position in real time of each smartphone where it is installed. It has secure protocols and can be used to locate a lost phone.
3. Life 360 – Family Locator and Cell r. GPS tracking is the biggest asset of the app for Android devices and can be used to locate a lost or stolen phone. It has a simple and intuitive interface, being focused on the family.
The importance of IMEI
IMEI is the unique digital code associated with each mobile device. It is a set of 15 numbers that identify each mobile phone, this is a code that must be registered and kept by the user for future reference.
Although it is not possible to locate a mobile phone through IMEI, we can know if a device has already had an owner, or if it it was lost. You can find the IMEI in the smartphone box and on the device itself, under Settings.
Before you go, discover the best gadgets to buy today, with products for various needs. Also, see how to choose a smartwatch, so you can make a good and informed purchase.