Things You Need to Know Before Flashing
Use this tutorial only with the Google Nexus 4 smartphones. Do not attempt to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- Your phone needs to be on a rooted firmware.
- CWM or TWRP Custom Recovery should be installed on your device, too.
- Make sure that the installed Custom Recovery is updated to its latest
version so that it supports the latest Android 5.1.1 ROMs.
- How To Install Twrp recovery on Google Nexus 4 without Pc
- Backup Your File Before Installing Rom How To Fast Backup your Files
- Do not blame us if you brick the phone nor in case you lose any important data in the process.
- read the whole guide and do not skip any steps.
- Also make sure that the battery charge level of your Nexus 4 has to be over 40%, as it will prevent the device from powering off during the installation process.
How to install Nexus 4 CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Stable ROM for Google Nexus 4:
1- Download the CM 12.1 SNAPSHOT ROM for Nexus 4
2- Download Gapps .
3- You have to move both zip files on to your Nexus 4 internal storage.
4-Don’t extract the contents in the zip files.
5- Power off the Nexus 4, then boot it in Recovery Mode.
6-Create the NANDROID ROM Backup first:
7-For CWM select the ‘backup and restore’ option.
8-TWRP you should use the ‘backup’ menu.
5- Now you can ‘factory reset’ your device:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: select ‘wipe’.
Confirm factory reset and continue with the installation after the process is done.
9- Next, initiate the CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 flashing process:
– For CWM select the ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– For TWRP select ‘install’ option.
7- Locate the CM 12.1 SNAPSHOT zip, load it and confirm the installation process.
8- After the ROM is installed you can flash the Gapps zip, too.
9- Reboot the phone in normal mode after all the files are flashed successfully.
These are the instructions you have to follow in order to complete the
installation of CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 ROM on your Nexus 4.
Enjoy The ROM
Thanks To the Developer
SHARE POST WITH FRIENDS