on your phone.
Androidvillaz or the developers are not responsible, if you
damage or brick your device.Do it on your own risk and follow the
Things You Should Know
•Use this post only for the Unlocked HTC One M8 smartphones.
– do not try to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this article.
•Your HTC One M8 smartphone should sport a rooted firmware.
•A custom Recovery has to be installed on it, too.
– the CWM and the TWRP Recoveries are supported by this tutorial.
– make sure that the installed custom Recovery is updated to its latest
version, so that it supports Android 5.1.1-based custom ROMs.
•This is a post for advanced users, we cannot be blamed in case you
brick the phone nor in case you lose any data in the process.
•Read the whole guide and make sure that you won’t skip any steps.
•check the battery charge level of your phone, it has to be over 40% as
it will prevent the device from powering off during the installation
How to install CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Stable ROM for HTC One M8:
1– Download the CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 SNAPSHOT .
2– Download Gapps
3– Transfer both files from your computer to your phone’s internal storage.
– after the files are moved you can disconnect the device from computer.
– do not extract the files comprised within the archives.
Switch off your phone.
4– Boot your HTC One M8 into Recovery Mode. TWRP Recovery is Recommend when installing this Rom…How To Install Twrp Recovery On HTC One M8
5– Create Backup of your ROM that is installed on your device:
– for TWRP use the ‘backup’ options.
– set a name for the file and confirm the backup process.
Also Read How To Backup And Restore Android App and Data
6– Factory Reset the device:
– select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ if you are a CWM user.
– select ‘wipe’ menu and swipe to the right if you are using a TWRP Recovery.
– confirm factory reset.
7– Now you can start the CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 installation.
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, after that open the ‘choose zip from sdcard’ menu.
– for TWRP open the ‘install’ options
8– Find the CM 12.1 Snapshot ROM file and confirm its installation.
9- After the new Custom ROM is flashed you can install the Gapps zip too.
10- Reboot your device in normal mode after all the new files are installed successfully.
Note that this first boot of CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 ROM will take a while before it loads all the new files.
Pleas Hit the share buttons below to share with your friends on Facebook, Google + and Twitter.