Like previous versions of Mac OS, Mojave 10.14 cOS can easily be written to removable media. After that, you can format your Mac, and then easily and easily install macOS Mojave on it. Or you can install macOS Mojave on several computers without downloading the installer every time.
In this article, we describe how to write the installer macOS Mojave on a flash drive.
- USB flash drive for 16GB (and more), which can be formatted.
- Downloaded the MacOS Mojave installer in the / Applications folder ( download link from the App Store ).
If you have all the requirements, then you will need patience, network connection, command-line skills and Mac compatibility with macOS Mojave.
If you downloaded the installer macOS Mojave and have already used it to update your computer, the installer file will be deleted automatically. In this case, you must download the installer again from the Mac App Store or use another Mac.
How to burn the installer MacOS Mojave to the flash drive
Note that writing the installer of the MacOS Mojave to the flash drive will erase all the data from it. It is best to use a new flash drive.
- Check that the “Install macOS Mojave.app” file is located in the / Applications folder.
- Connect the flash drive to the Mac and format it if necessary.
- Run the Terminal program from the / Applications / Utilities/folder and execute the following command (replacing UNTITLED with the name of your flash drive):
sudo / Applications / Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/ createinstallmedia --volume / Volumes / UNTITLED --nointeraction && say Mojave Drive Created
4. Press “enter” and enter the administrator password, and then press “enter” again to start the recording process.
It will take some time to write to the installer macOS Mojave, but you can monitor the progress in the Terminal window. It will look something like this:
Erasing Disk: 0% ... 10% ... 20% ... 30% ... 100% ... Copying to disk: 0% ... 10% ... 20% ... 30% ... 40% ... 50% ... 60% ... 70% ... 80% ... 90% ... 100% ... Making disk bootable ... Install media now available at / Volumes / Install MacOS Mojave
The message “Install media now available at” / Volumes / Install MacOS Mojave “means that the installer’s entry is complete and the flash drive is ready for use. You can use it to update any supported Mac, formatting, and much more.
How to install MacOS Mojave from a flash drive
- Connect the flash drive with the MacOS Mojave installer to your Mac.
- Restart (or turn on) the Mac and immediately hold down the OPTION key on the keyboard.
- On the screen that appears, choose “Install macOS Mojave”.
After that, you will see a familiar screen with utilities macOS. Select the option to run the installer macOS Mojave.
Installing the macOS Mojave takes about 45 minutes or an hour, depending on which Mac model you have.
That’s all. The MacOS version of Mojave contains new interesting features for which the update is definitely worth installing.