Home NEWS Girl of 2 years dies electrocuted by mobile phone charger

Girl of 2 years dies electrocuted by mobile phone charger

54
0
Girl of 2 years dies electrocuted by mobile phone charger
Girl of 2 years dies electrocuted by mobile phone charger

This is the kind of news we never want to get, but according to the Times of India, a two-year-old girl died after being electrocuted by a mobile phone charger. The incident occurred in a village near Delhi, where the 2-year-old girl was playing alone and ended up putting a charging cable in her mouth.

According to local police, no complaints were filed regarding the accident, so a criminal investigation was not opened. If this happens, they will proceed with an investigation according to the usual rules.

Never leave chargers plugged in!

Theoretically, smartphone chargers do not have enough voltage to cause this type of accident. However, this is the perfect example of what ‘better safe than sorry’ is worth. There are numerous variants that can result in tragedy, especially leaving small children vulnerable to accidents that are easy to prevent.

In this case, no specific information was disclosed on the equipment involved and on the conditions of the outlet in question. It would not be the first time that use of ‘generic’ chargers had malfunctioned, or that a damaged cable was used to charge a smartphone.

Cheaper accessories may end up getting too expensive

These are the most common causes, as many users choose to use ‘unofficial’ accessories because they are substantially cheaper. Often, this is a mistake that ends up being very expensive. These accessories may not comply with the various safety guidelines and may even have a very poor performance.

If you are in the habit of using ‘unofficial’ accessories to charge your smartphones, you should at least keep a close eye on some signs of malfunction. One of the simplest and easiest to control is the overheating of transformers, or even equipment.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here