Bearing Android Lollipop version 5.0.2 and build number
G920FXXU1AODG, the update weighs in at 138.32MB. As the release note
suggests, the software includes stability improvements, bug fixes, new
and enhanced features and further improvements to the performance.
Noteworthy about this update is a fix for the “memory leak
issue”, which reportedly affects both the Galaxy S6 and its curved
screen variant, the S6 Edge, confirms GSMArena after observing the phone’s stability.
Meanwhile, Sammobile has
confirmed that the update is rolling out to Galaxy S6 Edge Vodafone
subscribers in the UK as well. It is expected to hit all other regions
Interested users who want to manually install the update, can check our guide below.
- Model: SM-G925F
- Model name: Galaxy S6 Edge
- Country: United Kingdom (Vodafone)
- Version; Android 5.0.2
- Changelist: 4753955
- Build date: 22 April
- Product code: VOD
- PDA: G925FXXU1AODG
- CSC: G925FVFG1AOD1
- Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers for Galaxy S6 on the computer.
- Create a back up of all important data of the phone using custom recovery, before following the installation guide.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer
and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer
Options>> check the USB Debugging option.]
- Ensure your S6 has at least 80% battery. The device might shut down
during the process due to lack of battery, which in turn could brick the
- You should have an unlocked Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F model.
- The phone will lose custom ROM once the stock update is installed.
Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- The phone will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
- The Lollipop stock firmware build G925FXXU1AODG works with Galaxy S6
Edge only. As flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the
device, verify the model number by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number and then install firmware based on the model number.
How to install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware on Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F
Step 1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool
Step 2: Extract the Odin zip
Step 3: Switch off your Galaxy S6
Step 4: Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down button together
Note: Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers installed on your PC.
Step 5: Launch Odin as Administrator on the computer. Click on the Odin tool then right-click and select Run as Administrator from the drop down menu
Step 6: Connect the S6 Edge to the PC using
USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin
detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID:
COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This step
might take some time
Step 7: In Odin, click AP button and select the firmware file extracted in step-1
Step 8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Also, Re-Partition checkbox should be unticked
Step 9: Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin
Step 10: The installation should start now.
It would take a few minutes to complete the installation. Once the
process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. When you see
the home screen on the phone, unplug the USB cable from the phone
Head over to Settings>> About phone to check the new build version of your Galaxy S6.
CREDIT IBT UK