Thing You Need
- MI Flash Tool Download
- Your Xiaomi Stock ROM
- USB Cord
- Phone Battery 50% Charged
- Your Brain — ??
1. The first thing to do before flashing is creating a backup of your important files you have on your phone.
2. To do that
- Go to Backup Settings On your Phone
- Then Additional Settings
- Then Backup & Reset
- Then Local Backup
- Then Backup The backup will be stored in your internal storage “MIUI Folder.”
3. Now Install the MI Flash Tool you downloaded Above during installation it will install all the drivers you need to flash your Xiaomi device.
4. Rename your yXiaomi Stock ROM to .tgz if it has extension as .gz
5. After renaming now extract the stock ROM out to the desktop of your computer for easy access
6. Launch the MI Flash Tool on your computer
7. Boot your Xiaomi Into Fastboot Mode by (holding volume down + Power button)
8. In fastboot mode connect your device to your computer via USB Cord
9.Click the select button.
10. Now navigate to your desktop and select the extracted folder containing the Stock ROM of your device then click ok.
11. Now a pop up will appear, you are to click the browse button on Fastboot Script line
12. Navigate again to the Stock ROM folder and select Flash_all.bat then click OK.
13. Click the Refresh button on MI Flash Tool so it detects the device connected.
14. Select what you want to perform on your device at the bottom of the flash tool Flash or Upgrade process.
15. Select this option
- Clean all wipes all data in the phone after flash (recommended)
- Save user data keeps the current user data on the device after flash
16. Click the Flash button for the process to begin
When you see “The operation completed successfully”. (0x00000000) That mean the flashing process is complete. You can now boot your device.
Take Note First Boot after flashing take a while so wait while it boot up