According to CyanogenMod Member Adrian
Thing To Know
- This Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM is meant for only
Xperia M. Please do not try on any other Sony Xperia Variants.
- You are going to use Twrp Recovery to flash this NanoROM ROM on your phone.
- Sony PC Companion will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware.
- Your Bootloader should be unlocked or you will not be able to install this ROM.
- This Rom will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the
steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of
all your important files.
How To Flash Nougat 7.0 ROM Via TWRP
- Download Nougat 7.0 ROM Custom firmware to your PC
- Connect your device to the computer
- Place the Nougat 7.0 ROM into the phone’s storage memory you are advised to paste the .zip file in the storage root
folder, not in any other folder
- Turn off device and disconnect it from PC
- Perform Recovery mode sorties by long pressing Volume (Down) + Power buttons
- Once entering the TWRP settings menu, clear phone’s memory (full) by
selecting ‘Wipe’ option. Once done, select – ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’ perform factory reset
- 7: Return to TWRP settings and tap ‘Install’ by the selecting.Zip file in the phone’s memory downloaded from PC
- Come back to TWRP menu setting to approve the installation by tapping ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’
- Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after few minutes, a message
‘Successful’ appears on the screen, thus completing installation
- If faced with boot loop problem, navigate back to TWRP settings, and
select ‘Wipe cache/dalvik’. This procedure will help resolve any issue
with regard to custom ROM installation.