To all US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 owners good news CM14.1 custom Rom based on Android 7.1 Nougat is now available for the device.
Thing To Know
- This Rom should be installed on Galaxy S5
- Your Mi4 should be Rooted & have Custom Recovery installed to be able to flash this CM14 ROM.
- Twrp Recovery should be used to flash the Rom.
- This Rom will wipe all your data on your. you are advised to backup your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Make sure your Battery is Charged above 92% before flashing the Rom.
Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files.
How To Flash Nougat 7.1 CM14.1 Rom On Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4
- Download CM14.1 ROM Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 a and Nougat 7.1 Gapps on your phone.
- Move the downloaded Rom and Gapps to the root of your Sd card.
- Switch OFF your phone.
- Boot to Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
- Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- Now this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From Twrp recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Then go back to the main Recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Nougat 7.1 CM14.1 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
- Nougat 7.1 Gapps: Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your tablet.
- After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu
Your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 should now have CM14.1 Nougat 7.1 ROM installed on it!