One of CES 2019’s most prominent ads was that TVs made by Samsung, LG and Sony will support Apple’s AirPlay 2. Given the rivalry between Apple and the South Korean manufacturer, the revelation was at least astonishing. To complete happiness, Apple has published a list on its website containing all televisions compatible with its service. In addition to the companies listed above, Vizio devices have also been listed, including the 2017 and 2018 models.
It is worth mentioning that AirPlay 2 works differently than other wireless services or via Bluetooth, starting with the playback of videos, since if you have an iOS device and want to transmit it on your TV, you would have to purchase an Apple TV for such. Now, with TVs getting AirPlay 2 support, playback of photos, music, videos, and other content, as well as sharing between Apple devices, is much easier.
Below, you can check the list of TV models compatible with AirPlay 2:
- LG OLED (2019)
- LG NanoCell SM9X (2019)
- LG NanoCell SM8X (2019)
- LG UHD UM7X (2019)
- Samsung QLED (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 8 (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 7 (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 6 (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 5 (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 4 (2019 and 2018)
- Sony Z9G (2019)
- Sony A9G (2019)
- Sony X950G (2019)
- Sony X850G (2019, 85, 75, 65 and 55 inch models)
- Vizio P Quantum (2019 and 2018)
- Vizio P (2019, 2018 and 2017)
- Vizio M (2019, 2018 and 2017)
- Vizio E (2019, 2018 and 2017)
- Vizio D (2019, 2018 and 2017)
On Apple’s official website, you also have access to all other devices, such as speakers, sensors, and so on that support the company’s sharing and sharing service.