Apple officially released macOS Mojave 10.14.5 publicly today. The update contains support for AirPlay 2, which will allow you to stream content from a computer to a TV, etc.
To install the update on your Mac, in the System Preferences, select Software Update.
The official posting to the update says the following:
- Added support for AirPlay 2 for the ability to transfer videos, photos, music, etc. from your Mac to smart TVs with AirPlay 2.
- Magazine subscription added to Apple News + (US and Canada only).
- Improved audio on MacBook Pro 2018 models.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the processing of large documents OmniOutliner and OmniPlan.
- Disconnecting accessories with an unstable Bluetooth connection.
In addition to new features and changes, the system update also contains bug fixes.
macOS Mojave 10.14.5 can be downloaded as a regular or general update. The overall update weighs 2.62 gigabytes, and the usual update is 2.5 gigabytes since it installs only on top of the macOS Mojave 10.14.4 version.