After several weeks of beta testing, Apple finally released iOS 12.1.3 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, iOS 12.1.3 for HomePod, macOS Mojave 10.14.3 for Mac, watchOS 5.1.3 for Apple Watch and tvOS 12.1.2 for Apple TV 4 generations and Apple TV 4K.
Basically, all the updates are aimed at fixing bugs and improving security, but they will also improve the stability, performance and reliability of your devices.
How to install software updates
You can install new versions “by air” using the Software Update mechanism:
- iPhone and iPad : Settings → General → Software Update
- Mac: System Preferences → Software Update
- Apple Watch : Apple Watch application → My Watch → Basic → Software Update
- HomePod : Application Home → Settings → Software Update
- Apple TV : Settings → System → Software Update
To speed up the software update process on Apple Watch, turn off Bluetooth in Settings on the iPhone after the remaining update time appears. Your watch will connect to Wi-Fi, and the update will download faster.