To all Xperia Z2 Owners good news ASOP custom Rom based on Android 7.1 Nougat is now available for
- This Rom should be installed on Xperia Z2
- Your Mi4 should be Rooted & have Custom Recovery installed to be able to flash this CM14 ROM.
- Twrp Recovery should be used to flash the Rom.
- This Rom will wipe all your data on your. you are advised to backup your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Make sure your Battery is Charged above 92% before flashing the Rom.
Backup important files stored
on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case
something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files.
How To Flash AOSP Rom Nougat 7.1 Rom On Xperia Z2
- Download AOSP Nougat 7.1 For Xperia Z2 a and Nougat 7.1 Gapps on your phone.
- Move the downloaded Rom and Gapps to the root of your Sd card.
- Switch OFF your phone.
- Boot to Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode, select perform a full data wipe by selecting
“wipe data/factory reset”. Use the Power button to select everything
while in the Recovery Mode.
- Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- Now this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of
your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any
other errors. From Twrp recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe
- Then go back to the main Recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys,
navigate to the Nougat 7.1 CM14.1 ROM zip file that you copied to your
SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation
on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
- Nougat 7.1 Gapps: Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your tablet.
- After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and
reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery
Your Xperia Z2 should now have AOSP Nougat 7.1 ROM installed on it!