Some shortcuts really make our browsing experience more interesting, faster and more efficient. Let’s split 41 shortcuts here to help you navigate like a pro, making it easier to access some functions. And they work on all major browsers. That is: they are valid for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera and Vivaldi. Let’s go to the list:
- Ctrl + 1-8: switch to selected tab, counting from left to right. It works up to 8 tabs, with Ctrl + 9 going to the last tab on the right regardless of how many are open.
- Ctrl + W or Ctrl + F4: Closes the current window.
- Alt + F4: Closes the current window (works in any program).
- Ctrl + Shift + T: opens the newly closed tab.
- Ctrl + T: Opens a tab in the current window.
- Ctrl + T: opens a tab in a new window.
- Ctrl + Tab: Go to the right flap.
- Ctrl + Shift + Tab: Go to the left flap.
- Ctrl + “+” or Ctrl + (scroll up): Increase the size of the page.
- Ctrl + “-” or Ctrl + (scroll down): Decreases the page size.
- Ctrl + 0: “resets” the page zoom (returns to 100%).
- F11: Full-screen mode.
Shortcuts with the mouse
- Ctrl + (left button) or (middle button): opens a link in a hidden flap next to the current tab.
- Shift + (left button): opens a link in a tab in a new window.
- Ctrl + Shift + (left button): opens the link in a new tab.
- Middle mouse button on a tab – closes the selected tab.
- Middle button (Windows) – allows page movement with the mouse.
- Page Down: Down a window.
- Shift + space bar or Page UP: Up a window.
- Home: go to the top of the page.
- End: goes to the bottom of the page.
- Ctrl + L or Alt + D or F6: jump directly to the search bar.
- Ctrl + Enter: automatically adds “www” and “.com” to the name you type (by typing “site” and using the shortcut the search will be “www.site.com”).
- Alt + Enter: Searches what is in the search bar in a new tab, not the current tab.
- Alt + Home: browser home page.
- Alt + (left arrow) or Alt + (space bar): back.
- Alt + (right arrow) or Alt + (shift + space bar): next page.
- F5: refresh page.
- Ctrl + F5: reads the page again without caching.
- Esc: Stop loading the page.
- Ctrl + E or Ctrl + K: opens the search box with the browser’s default search engine.
- Ctrl + F or F3: Search within the current page.
History / Favorites
- Ctrl + H: browsing history.
- Ctrl + J: download manager.
- Ctrl + B: Add the current page to favorites.
- Ctrl + Shift + Del: opens the navigation history removal menu.
- Ctrl + P: Print the current page.
- Ctrl + O: Open a file inside the computer.
- Ctrl + S: Download the current page.
- Ctrl + U: opens the source code of the page.
- F12: Developer options.