Device – Huawei Mate 9 Pro
Model – MHA-L29
Android Version – 7.0
EMUI Version – 5.0
Firmware – B122
Build Number – LON-L29C636B181
Region – Europe
Status – Official Beta
Type – Full firmware image
Size – 1.7 GB
This method requires your phone to have a custom recovery like TWRP installed which, in turn, needs an unlocked bootloader. When you’re all set just follow these steps to install the new update:
How to Update Your Huawei Mate 9 Pro [LON-L29] To Nougat 7.0 B181 Firmware
- Download both the “update.zip” and “update_full_hw_spcseas.zip” from the links provided below and copy the files to your phone without extracting.
- Turn your Huawei Mate 9 Pro off and reboot into recovery mode.
- Before proceeding, take a full backup of all the partitions from the backup menu.
- Next, return to the main recovery screen, click Install and first select the “update.zip” package.
- After installing the update file now select the install “update_full_hw_spcseas.zip” the same way, wait for it to update your phone.
- After the update now returns to the main Recovery screen and reboot your device normally.
Your Huawei Mate 9 Pro will boot now the boot might take about 5 minutes to boot at first boot so be patient.
Congrats your Huawei Mate 9 Pro LON-L29 should now have Android 7.0 B181 Beta installed! Go to Settings and About phone to verify.