LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0(Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
Things To Know
- This Rom is to be flashed only on Sprout4 and Sprout8. Please do not try on any other Variants.
- Your device should be Rooted and have a Custom Recovery installed to be able to flash the ROM.
- We will be using TWRP Recovery for this tutorial.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
- Battery Must be Charged above 92% before using this Tutorial.
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 13.0 ROM on Sprout4 and Sprout8
- Download the LineagoOS ROM, Fli fix and Gapps to your computer.
- Now, copy/paste the downloaded Unofficial Lineage OS ROM zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root (not in any folder).
- Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
- Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery Mode, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
- Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- Now, this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your Dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From Twrp recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe Dalvik cache”.
- Then go back to the main Recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
- Nougat 7.1 Gapps: Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your tablet.
- After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu
[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]