Here’s Why New Nokia 3310 Is ‘Useless’ In Many Countries
Well, after much waiting, the most awaited phone Nokia 3310 was finally unveiled by HMD Global in MWC 2017. Nokia 3310 was the feature phone which was launched way back in the year 2000.
If you want to know about the best features of the new Nokia 3310 here are they:
- The device phone have 22-hours of talk time and 1-month standby time.
- It still has the have Nokia default ringtone and available in multiple colors.
- The phone has a camera of 2megapixel with LED Flash
- The phone display is extended to 2.4-inch QVGA
- The phone will have Dual-SIM support and LED Torchlight
- The phone will support MicroSD card which supports up to 32GB.
- The device has microUSB connector, 3.5mm connector and Bluetooth 3.0.
- However, an “outdated” feature of iconic Nokia 3310 has made it useless in many countries which include USA and Canada. Well, the new phone still communicates using 2G frequencies, i.e.,900MHz and 1800MHz.
Well, these frequencies have been shut down in most of the world. Like 900MHz and an 1800MHz band have been replaced by 850MHz and 1900MHz frequencies in the USA. So, this simply means that American and Canadian operators won’t support Nokia 3310 even after its launch.
But, the good part is the new Nokia 3310 has been focused on Africa, Asia, Middle East. Even HMD global has stated that they are in contact with the US carries for a local launch.
Patrick Mercanton, Head of Marketing of HMD Global said “We’ll probably end with the US at some point. It’s definitely on our radar… we want to go into the US because we want to have a global launch.”
Is the new Nokia 3310 useless in your country? Let us Know