The Developer ROM for the Mi Note Pro is available as a download and it based on MIUI 8. Hopefully, the next in line would be the Mi Mix, which was spotted running Android 7.0 on GeekBench. Also, check out our Xiaomi Nougat update page to see if your device will get the update or not.
- This tutorial is only for Installing MIUI 8 Android 7.0 Nougat developer ROM on Xiaomi Mi Note Pro.Please didn’t try on any other Xiaomi Mi Variants.
- Your phone should be Rooted & have a Custom Recovery installed to install this CM14 ROM on your phone.
- We will be using TWRP Recovery for this tutorial.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
- Battery Must be Charged above 92% before using this Tutorial.
Disclaimer:This site or the developers are not responsible if you damage or brick your device.Do it at your own risk and follow the instruction correctly.
Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have a backup of all your important files.
How to Update Xiaomi Mi Note Pro to MIUI 8 Android 7.0 Nougat developer ROM
Step 1 – Download MIUI 8 Nougat 7.0 Developer ROM for your Xiaomi Mi Note Pro and Nougat 7.0 Gapps to your computer.
Step 2 – Connect and mount your Xiaomi Mi Note Pro USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Now copy/paste the downloaded Mi Note Pro Nougat Developer ROM zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 – Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 – Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
Step 6 – Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
Step 7 – Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
Step 8 – Now this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 9 – Then go back to the main Recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
Step 10 – Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Mi Note Pro Nougat Developer ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
* Nougat 7.1 Gapps: Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your tablet.
Step 11 – After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu .