In our last tutorial, we share with you guys How to Use “Don’t Disturb Feature on Your Android devices. Today we are here again with another amazing tutorial for you which is How to Enable Screen Pinning Feature On Android. Many people are not even aware of how it works while others are exploring it already.
The Screen Pinning Feature give you the option to pin (lock) the screen to a particular app. This features can be found from Android device using Lollipop OS and above. When you enabled the screen pinning it lock down your device so that anyone using it will only have access to one app. surely, a handy feature for those who often offer their device to a child to play games and watch a movie.
How To Enable Screen Pinning on Your Android Device
1. Launch the Settings app on your Android device.
2. Scroll down until you find the Security option. Tap on it.
3. At the bottom of the Security page tap on Screen pinning.
4. Slide the switch to the On position.
After doing the above, you have not enabled screen pinning the next thing to is Pin an app. The exact process of pinning an app takes two taps and is accessible at anytime. You can only pin the last app you accessed, so before following the steps below, launch the app you’re going to pin.
How to Pin an App
- To pin an app, tap on the overview button (it’s the square button along the bottom of your screen).
- Now drag the title bar of the app you are going to pin up until it’s in the middle of the screen.
- In the bottom-right corner of the app, an overview will be a blue pin button. Tap on it.
- Each time you pin an app, you will be asked to confirm the action. You will also have to decide if you want to require a security code to leave the pinned app.
- Tap on Start to pin your desired app.
Once the app you want is pinned, the user can only navigate within the app and can’t leave the app. Example If I pin Chrome, the user can only browse the Internet with Chrome that’s it.
[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]