Latest stock kernel included
f2fs file system support (read, write, format, backup & restore)
exFAT file system support (read, write, format, backup & restore)
Full SELinux support
Built in android 6.0 tree
Encryption is not supported yet!
MTP/OTG doesn’t work yet
Aroma is broken, seems on all other huawei phones (as mate 8 and p9) as well
Things To Know
- You need to unlock your Bootloader and OEM before you can be able to flash this recovery
- The problem of tdm-verity v2.0 introduced in Nougat has not fully tested yet. So as long as you don’t need to modify /system, keep it read only. If you want to edit something inside system, make a backup until I can tell you more about it.
- Your Mate 9 should be charged
HOW TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER OF HUAWEI MATE 9
- Call Huawei by using the HiCare app on your phone, request for your bootloader unlock code. (You will have to give them your email, IMEI, serial number, etc.).
- The will send you an email containing the unlock code maybe a few days or hours.
- Set up your minimal adb and fastboot.
- Plug in your phone and make sure all huawei drivers got installed
- Enable developer options in settings as described above.
- Enable OEM unlock, enable USB debugging (both in developer options).
- Open the ADB tool you installed recently
- Type fastboot devices (now a device number should show up).
- Type fastboot reboot-bootloader (your phone will now boot into bootloader, if not, you haven’t set up drivers or adb/fastboot correctly).
- This step will wipe all your data! Type: fastboot oem unlock xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (xx is for your unlock code).
- Ones it’s done type: fastboot reboot. Your phone will reboot and you have an unlocked bootloader!
- You can now go on installing TWRP on your device.
How To Install The Twrp Recovery On Your Huawei Mate 9
- Download the TWRP recovery.
- Open the adb/fastboot application on your PC and go to the directory where your Twrp recovery file is downloaded.
- Boot your phone into download mode (First method: fastboot reboot-bootloader while connected to PC. Second method: power off your phone, hit power on and volume down until it boots to download mode).
- Check again if there is written: unlocked phone!
- If yes type now into your adb/fastboot terminal: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-hi3660.img
- Type: fastboot reboot
- Now boot into recovery by pressing: power+volume up+volume down at the same time
- Enjoy the recovery.
How To Root Your Huawei Mate 9
- First Backup, just in case
- We will use this root method: Phh’s superuser
- Download latest official phh superuser zip r275
- Put the zip on your external sd card of your phone (since we can’t access /data in twrp)
- Boot into recovery mode and flash the downloaded file
- Now you are rooted, congrats!
TWRP master @jcadduono
Creator of Mate 8 TWRP for source tree
Gerrit for TWRP: Omni gerrit
Gerrit for officially supported devices: TWRP gerrit