14-Year-Old Girl Dies While Charging Smartphone

0
251
14-year-old-girl-dies-charging-smartphone

Many articles have been written on charging a smartphone and using it, but yet very few person follow it. News reaching us is that a 14-year-old girl was pronounced as dead just after she got electrocuted by her smartphone that was plugged in and charging in her bathtub at her father’s home situated in Lovington.

14-year-old-girl-dies-charging-smartphone

14-Year-Old Girl Dies While Charging Smartphone

Madison Coe 14-year-old  was electrocuted on Sunday in a bathtub as a result of an accident with her cell phone, according to the information provided to local media by her relatives.

Donna O’Guinn, Madison Coe’s grandmother, said that “There was a burn mark on Madison’s hand, the hand she used to grab the phone. And that was just very obvious that’s what had happened”.

The minor, a resident of Lubbock, Texas, as we told, was in the tub of her father’s house in Lovington, New Mexico when she reportedly attempted to connect her cell phone to the charger or pick it up from where she was connected. Grandmother and her mother in an interview with the KCBD news portal.

A Lovington police detective, David E. Miranda, confirmed the young woman’s death and said that initial evidence indicates that she was electrocuted but still awaiting the coroner’s determination of the cause of death.

“Emergency medical personnel And Lovington police and rushed to a Southwest residence after receiving a report from an unconscious young woman. who was believed to have been taking a bath, although first aid was given at the scene and during Her transfer to the Nort-Lea hospital, the teenager was pronounced dead shortly afterward,” a press release said.

Madison finished high school at Terra Vista Middle School in the Frenship School District in Lubbock and her family planned to move to Houston where the teenager was going to high school.

The victim’s grandmother added that “this is a tragedy that should not happen to anyone else” and that the family wants to raise awareness about the dangers of using cell phones in the bathroom, while connected to an electrical charger.

“It is with great regret that the district regrets the loss of student Madison Coe. We send our heartfelt condolences to the young woman’s family and friends while sharing the pain of this tragedy,” said Andy Penney, a Frenship School District spokeswoman.

The young woman’s funeral is scheduled for Friday, July 14 at 2 pm at Lovington’s First United Methodist Church. Moreover, a friend of the family created an account on the Go Fund Me collection page to help pay for the funeral.

So, what do you think about this accident? Simply share your views and thoughts in the comment section below.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here